Time now for the five things you need to know before you go on this Tuesday!
5) Are you taking a sip of some joe to get you going this morning? Here’s some good news it’s about to get cheaper! Columbia had a great coffee crop this so there are a lot of beans to go around. We’ll start to see the lower prices in a week.
4) Get out an enjoy today! Today will partly sunny, with a high near 62 and a light variable wind becoming Northwest 10 to 15 mph in the morning. Then tonight will be partly cloudy, with a low around 39, and a Northwest wind 10 to 15 mph.
3) The search is now on for a new Police Chief for Albuquerque. We talked with Ray Schultz yesterday and he told us he’s going to retire this summer. It has nothing to do with the Department of Justice’s Investigation into his Department. We also talked with the Mayor who says he won’t appoint a permanent Chief unless he’s re-elected in October.
2) It’s official. Jorge Bergoglio is now Pope Francis I. He started his ministry over 1.2 billion Catholics all across the world. Tens of thousands of people packed St. Peters Square to see the Pope’s Inauguration Mass. That includes New Mexico Governor Susanna Martinez.
1) It’s all about the Lobos! The guys are off to Salt Lake City today. On Thursday they’ll take on the Harvard Crimson. You can be there too! Plane tickets start at $330 bucks round trip and even though UNM is out of seats for the game, you can get them online for about $90 bucks.