March 18th, 2013 at 12:33 pm by Hawa Konte under Community Affairs, News
Are you in need of a job?
Then you may be in luck.
You have until the end of the work day Monday to apply for a position at the Albuquerque Mail Processing and Distribution Center.
The starting pay will be $13.75 an hour.
The agency has been struggling in recent years to cut costs. So, postal officials say hours of work will vary based on mail volume and there will be limited benefits in the first year of employment.
More information on how to apply»
March 15th, 2013 at 6:35 am by Rebecca Valdez under 5 Things, Morning Show, News
Time now for the five things you need to know before you go!
5) Get your tickets now and you could be a multi-millionaire come Sunday. The Powerball Jackpot is up to $216-million smackers or $132.8-million in cash before taxes. The drawing is on Sunday good luck!
4) Let’s hear it for the Lobos! Both the woman and men take on San Diego State today in Vegas. If they win, they’ll make it to the conference tournament championship games. Watch the guys tonight at 7 on the CBS Sports Network then check out Van Tate’s highlights later.
3) Should Albuquerque get a new Police Chief? That’s what the President of the City Council says should happen. The Albuquerque Journal is reporting Dan Lewis says Chief Ray Schultz’s reputation is tarnished while the Chief says he’s proud of the department.
2) All eyes on a courtroom in Albuquerque today because the jury now has the civil case of a cop who shot and killed an Iraq War Veteran three years ago. That jury will decide how much money the police department owes Kenneth Ellis’s family and a few other things. Detective Brett Lampiris-Tremba shot and killed Ellis back in 2010 when Ellis had a gun to his own head.
1) Break out the shorts and flip flops! Today will be sunny, with a high near 76, and a light west wind blowing 10 to 15 mph in the morning. Then tonight will be mostly clear, with a low around 48 and a west wind 10 to 15 mph becoming light and variable after midnight.
July 9th, 2011 at 6:30 pm by KRQE News 13 Webdesk under News, Photos, Weather
It really happened. Rain in Albuquerque. The newsroom erupted with excitement. Did you see it? Send your rain photos to email@example.com.