August 25th, 2014 at 12:29 pm by prestonyeung under Latest Posts
Santa Fe Mayor Javier M. Gonzales will announce the members of his newly formed Climate Action Task Force (CATF) Monday.
The mayor will speak at Growing Santa Fe Green, a community conversation concerning climate change and Santa Fe.
The event is hosted by Santa Fe Forward, a local nonprofit organization. This is a public event designed to give Santa Fe residents an opportunity to discuss and give the mayor feedback on environmental issues important to them.
The event is scheduled for 6 to 8 p.m. at The Forum located at the Santa Fe University of Arts and Design, 1600 St. Michael’s Dr.
You can learn more about the event here»
August 25th, 2014 at 10:02 am by prestonyeung under Latest Posts
Most Doña Ana County offices will be closed Monday, Sept. 1, to allow employees to observe the Labor Day holiday.
Emergency services and law enforcement in the field will not be affected, but the administrative offices of the Doña Ana County Sheriff’s Department will be closed.
Saturation patrols and checkpoints will still be in place throughout the holiday weekend to apprehend impaired drivers.
August 25th, 2014 at 6:00 am by Mary Ann Hatchitt under 5 Things, Morning Show
5. Cleanup is underway in Napa, California after a 6.0 magnitude earthquake rocked the area early Sunday morning. The quake damaged a lot of buildings and wineries, sending about 200 people to the hospital. Officials say this is the strongest quake to hit the area is 25 years.
4. A traffic alert this morning for commuters in Rio Rancho. A funeral procession for Bernalillo County Sheriff’s Deputy Shannon Key being held this morning. Gold Course Road between Southern and Westside Boulevard will be closed around nine this morning, then again at around 11:30 a.m. for the procession. Deputy Key lost his battle with brain cancer last week.
3. Two men are behind bars this morning, following two shootings overnight Sunday. Police say the first happened at The Cottages, an apartment complex for college students. The other happened in a road rage incident nearby. Police say both involved Tyvon Green and Shanoah Cauley. Police say it does not appear that anyone was injured in either shooting.
2. The Albuquerque Public School District has a new interim superintendent this morning, it’s Doctor Brad Winter. He recently retired as the district’s Chief Operating Officer, and is currently an Albuquerque City Councilor. Dr. Winter says he hopes to restore stability to APS, but he does not want the Superintendent job’s permanently.
1. Get ready for more rain, there’s a 20 percent chance for isolated showers and thunderstorms,but skies will be mostly sunny with a high near 91. Tonight there’s a 50 percent chance of precipitation, mainly after 7pm. It’ll be mostly cloudy, with a low around 62, and a southeast wind 5 to 10 mph
August 25th, 2014 at 4:42 am by John Smith under Weather
Storm coverage will improve across New Mexico today as southerly moisture returns to the state. The southerly moisture draw will continue to improve through Tuesday and Wednesday as a storm system also approaches from northwest. As moisture expands, temperatures will also come down.
The storm system aiding the southerly draw will exit Thursday. In it’s wake drier air will work back in, leading to fewer storms and more sunshine for the latter part of the workweek. The weekend will feature much more sunshine and warmer temperatures.
Afternoon storms return to the state this afternoon.
August 23rd, 2014 at 6:11 pm by Chelo Rivera under Latest Posts
Once again visitors at the 27th annual New Mexico Wine Festival at Bernalillo can take the Rail Runner Express to the event.
Rail Runner officials say extra trains will operate for the Labor Day weekend event. The extra trains will run from Saturday August 30th to Monday September 1, 2014.
Wine Festival goers can also take advantage of the free shuttle to the even from the US 550 Station.
Discounted tickets are available online.
For more information about the wine festival click here.
To purchase Rail Runner tickets visit nmrailrunner.com.