April 21st, 2014 at 5:58 am by maryannhatchitt under Morning Show, Photos
5. The much-anticipated spin-off off AMC’s “Breaking Bad” is set to premiere this Fall. The series “Better Call Saul.” will shoot in New Mexico and casting agents are looking for extras. For how to apply check out the story here on KRQE.com.
4. Albuquerque car dealer and former UNM Regent, Don Chalmers died Sunday after a battle with cancer. Chalmers came to New Mexico in the 90′s opening two dealerships, and becoming very active in community organizations.
3. If you’ve shopped at Michaels in the past eight months, you better check your credit and debit card accounts. The Michaels stores here in New Mexico have been hacked. Check out what happened and what you should do about it here on KRQE.com.
2. Big changes could be coming to Albuquerque’s Police Oversight Commission. Tonight the City Council is expected to vote on some of the changes at a meeting expected to draw a big crowd. The Department of Justice said in its recent report on APD, the POC has no real power. Now some councilors want to give the POC more money, make it more independent, and give it more access to APD’s internal affairs. We’ll keep you posted.
1. Get out and enjoy today it’ll be mostly sunny with a high near 81, and a northwest wind around 5 mph becoming south in the afternoon. Tonight, it’ll be partly cloudy with a low around 47, and an east wind of 5 to 10 mph.
April 21st, 2014 at 4:40 am by maryannhatchitt under Morning Show, Weather
Get out and enjoy today! It’ll be mostly sunny with a high near 81, and a northwest wind around 5 mph becoming south in the afternoon. Tonight, it’ll be partly cloudy with a low around 47, and an east wind of 5 to 10 mph.
Meteorologist Kassandra Crimi
April 20th, 2014 at 4:56 pm by chrisgilson under Weather
The storm system that brought scattered storms to much of New Mexico this weekend continues to move east. We are still seeing some storms firing on the backside of the system tonight. Much of this activity will be winding down after sunset and our skies will continue to clear out for Monday morning.
A cold front will move into the state for Monday and with the moisture we have in place from this weekend, we could have some spot storms pop-up along the central mountain chain and in the Eastern Plains. But, most areas will be dry for Monday with more sunshine, warmer temps, and breezy conditions.
Some more storms could pop-up again on Tuesday. However, this time most of the action will be strictly over the mountains. Storms could fire on Tuesday also thanks to the moisture that is in place from this past weekend and we could see showers developing around lunchtime into mid-afternoon thanks to daytime heating.
The winds will really crank up on Wednesday elevating the fire danger.
April 19th, 2014 at 9:53 pm by chrisgilson under Weather
Southern New Mexico picked up the most rain Saturday. Many areas picking up close 0.25″ or more in some spots. Some areas like Cloudcroft and Alamogordo were under severe thunderstorm warnings for hail and high winds.
Fortunately, the severe threat is over for tonight, but there is a shot for some more thunderstorms around lunch time into the evening for much of Northern and Eastern New Mexico. Like Saturday, Easter won’t be a complete washout but we will have the chance for hit or miss showers and storms throughout the day.
April 18th, 2014 at 8:29 pm by krqechelorivera under Latest Posts
The prequel to Breaking Bad, Better Call Saul is expected to shoot in Albuquerque and the New Mexico extras and background Casting Company is now casting for the show’s extras.
If you would like to be considered for the part send in a current photo of yourself. Keep in mind the photo must be in color and must contain the following information:
Include your availability, your name, contact information, height, weight, age, the city you live in as well as the make, model, year and color of your vehicles.
Send the above information to email@example.com.