5. Kraft is recalling a popular cheese product. Kraft’s American Singles packages have been recalled by the company because the cheese may not have been kept cold enough. Check the package for dates between February 20th and February 21st, 20-15.
4. If you want to find out what’s going on at your child’s school in the Albuquerque Public School District, there’s now an app for that. App City Life, an Albuquerque company, developed the app for APS. It has push notifications for lockdowns, snow days, and even what’s being served in the cafeteria. The app is free.
3. It’s Labor Day, a federal holiday meaning most city, county, state and federal offices are closed today. There is no ABQ Ride or Sun Van Service today in Albuquerque. Regularly scheduled trash pickup will continue.
2. If you’re looking for fun, there’s plenty to be had on this Labor Day. You’ve got one more chance to check out the 2014 New Mexico Wine Festival in Bernalillo today. Also, the final game of the season for the Isotopes is today, they take on Las Vegas at 1:35 pm. Enjoy your holiday!
1. Your Labor Day forecast calls for sunny skies with a high near 95, and a west wind of 5 to 10 mph. Tonight it’ll be mostly clear, with a low around 61 and a west wind 5 to 10 mph becoming north after midnight.
Another hot day is ahead for Sunday and it is going to be even hotter than it was on your Saturday. Albuquerque will break into the 90s while the southeast hits the triple digits. Roswell, Artesia, and Carlsbad will all be within 2-3° of their record high temps that were set back in 2011. Socorro will also come close to its record of 98°. The forecast right now is for 97°. So stay cool while you enjoy the rest of the Labor Day Holiday weekend!
Mostly sunny and warm for your Friday afternoon. Overall, it’s going to be a great day! The beautiful weather will rollover into the weekend as well. Today, mostly sunny, highs nears 87°. Tonight, mostly clear, lows near 64°. Keep in mind tonight is the burning of Old Man Gloom in Santa Fe and it will be beautiful. At 6pm tonight in Santa Fe the temperature will be 76°, winds: SW 8 mph, mostly sunny skies and at 9pm tonight temperature will be 65°, winds: S 7 mph, partly cloudy.
5. There are lots of fun events taking place in New Mexico this Labor Day weekend. They includes the New Mexico Wine Festival in Bernalillo, the Hatch Chile Festival, and the Lobo Football home opener tomorrow. There will also be DWI checkpoints. From all of us here at KRQE News 13, have a happy and safe Labor Day weekend, and please, don’t drink and drive.
4. The countdown is underway to tonight’s burning of Old Man Gloom. Zozobra will be torched this evening at Santa Fe’s Fort Marcy Park. Old Man Gloom is turning 90 this year, and he’ll be bigger than ever in stature. This year there’s a 1920′s theme. If you drink, Santa Fe County is sponsoring a one dollar taxi ride home. Call 438-0000 to get a taxi.
3. In just a few hours we could know if a judge will approve Former Albuquerque Public School Superintendent Winston Brooke’s buyout. He resigned two weeks ago and the District agreed to pay him $350,000 because he still had two years left on his contract. We’ll let you know what the judge decides.
2. Today we should know if voters in Albuquerque will get to decide if they want to reduce pot penalties in the Duke City. Mayor R.J. Berry has until today to approve or veto whether the reduced pot penalty measure gets on the ballot. It would reduce the penalty for possessing an ounce of marijuana or less, a $25 fine and no jail time. In the past, Mayor Berry said he does not support the plan.
1. Expect a warm and sunny Friday, with a high near 90, and a north wind around 5 mph becoming calm. Tonight, it’ll be mostly clear with a low around 59 and a west wind around 5pm. This weekend, it’ll be mostly sunny with temperatures in the mid-90′s.