April 14th, 2014 at 5:18 am by maryannhatchitt under 5 Things, Morning Show
Five things you need to know before you go this morning.
5. Today’s big national headline, three people were murdered at Jewish centers near Kansas City. Investigators say a white supremacist and former Ku Klux Klan leader, Frazier Glenn Cross killed a grandfather and grandson at a Jewish Community Center Sunday, then a woman at a Jewish retirement home.
4. One of the most popular stories on KRQE.com, UFC champ Jon “bones” Jones has his exotic cat back home this morning, and the man who helped find the missing feline has a nice reward. The cat, Mufasa was returned to Jones Friday after Kyle Dropinski heard the story started looking for Mufasa. He found him in a tree and Animal Control officers helped get Mufasa down. Jones then forked over the $1500 reward.
3. Dozens of people turned out Sunday to remember James Boyd, four weeks to the day after he was shot by Albuquerque Police. The confrontation started after residents complained Boyd, was camping illegally in the foothills. Boyd died as a result of his injuries. At a Sunday funeral services for the homeless man with mental issues, those who knew Boyd remembered him as a generous and kind man who was often misunderstood.
2. Cleanup begins this morning at Zia Elementary School in northeast Albuquerque after a fire in the cafeteria yesterday. Albuquerque firefighters are getting a lot of praise for knocking this fire down quickly in some wicked winds. No word on what started the fire, but neighbors say a couple of kids were playing on the roof of the school earlier today. This doesn’t effect students today because this week is Spring break for APS.
1. Expect a cooler day indoor day for kids on Spring break. It’ll be sunny but the high is projected at 57, with an east wind of 10 to 15 mph which will become variable in the afternoon. Tonight, it’ll be mostly clear, with a low around 31, and a north wind around 5 mph becoming calm.
April 14th, 2014 at 5:17 am by maryannhatchitt under Morning Show
Expect a cooler day indoor day for kids on Spring break. It’ll be sunny but the high is projected at 57, with an east wind of 10 to 15 mph which will become variable in the afternoon. Tonight, it’ll be mostly clear, with a low around 31, and a north wind around 5 mph becoming calm.
Have a great Monday!
Meteorologist Kassandra Crimi
April 11th, 2014 at 6:00 am by Rebecca Valdez under 5 Things, Morning Show
Time for the five things you need to know before you go this morning.
5. Quick work by Albuquerque police who managed to locate a stolen diamond. A thief lifted the three carat diamond that’s been housed at the New Mexico Museum of Natural History and Science on Wednesday. The thief was trying to hock it at local pawn shops. One store owner recognized it and contacted police.
4. Even though it’s still spring, the boys of summer are already playing hard this season. Tonight, the Albuquerque Isotopes have their home opener. The game against Tacoma starts at 7:05 p.m.
3. Today will be sunny with a high near 81. Winds will be light at 10 mph in the afternoon. Tonight you can expect cloudy skies with lows around 50. Winds could get up to 15 mph.
2. The Department of Justice federal 18-month-investigation into Albuquerque’s Police Department was brutal. According to the report there’s a pattern of excessive force in the department officers use deadly force too frequently on people who posed a minimal threat. Justice says APD officers need more training and tools to ensure they can protect without escalating potentially violent situations.
1. Today is a new beginning, a fresh start for Albuquerque police. as the department and the city start making changes based on the justice department’s recommendations. Mayor R.J. Berry says his administration is ready to make changes and the path forward is vital as Albuquerque begins negotiating with the justice department to reform the police force. The mayor says a key component will be public involvement.
April 11th, 2014 at 6:00 am by admin under Morning Show
Today will be sunny with a high near 81. Winds will be light at 10 mph in the afternoon. Tonight you can expect cloudy skies with lows around 50. Winds could get up to 15 mph.
Have a good day,
April 10th, 2014 at 6:00 am by admin under Morning Show
Today you can expect sunny skies with a high near 81. Winds will come in at up to 15 mph. Tonight you can expect partly cloudy skies with a low around 48. Winds will blow at up to 15 mph.
Have a great day,