Time for the 5 things you need to know before you go this morning.
5. You may soon be able to watch your favorite shows online without those annoying digital hiccups. The FCC is looking at a new set of rules that would prevent internet providers like Comcast from slowing websites like Netflix in order to get you to buy their streaming service.
4. The idea to add fluoride to BernalilloCounty’s water supply went down the drain at the Water Authority meeting last night, but the agency promises to revisit the fluoridation issue in the future.
3. A Clovis teacher at GattisMiddle School is back in the classroom this morning. This after being accused of slapping a seventh grade student across the face last week after the boy made a joke. The boy’s father has filed a police report the school district and police are investigating. The teacher was put on leave for two days and the principal says the district thought a two-day leave was a fair punishment.
2. Following Monday’s deadly shooting of a 19-year-old woman who was a suspected car thief, Albuquerque Police Chief Gordon Eden held a news conference. He provided few answers to basic questions. The chief said they have not been able to retrieve video from officer Jeremy Dear’s lapel cam. They sent it to the manufacturer. They are looking to see if other officers in the area captured the fatal encounter with Mary Hawkes.
1. Today will be mostly cloudy with a high near 72. Tonight you can expect partly cloudy skies with a low around 49.