Time for the five things you need to know before you go today…
5) Today’s your chance to help Magdelena with its water crisis. Donate bottled water today and tomorrow at The Prisoner Transport Center Downtown…right across from The Police Station.
4) Big recalls–the first affects Jeep Grand Cherokees from 19-93 through 2004…and Jeep Liberty’s from 2002 through 2007….they could have a problem with their fuel tanks. The other is for “Nap Nanny” and “Nap Nanny Chill” recliners…they could hurt or even kill children.
3) A lot of women in Albuquerque are still on edge…after one says she was raped in The Bosque last Sunday. Self-defense experts say if you’re attacked…try to hit someone in the ears…eyes or throat…and run away. Of course…try not to be alone outside after dark.
2) All eyes on the “Silver” Fire today…because firefighters are concerned it could flare up….because of the dry weather and wind. The fire’s already burned 25,000 acres in the Gila and is just 5% contained.
1) Fire danger’s going up today. Today will be sunny, with a high near 94. There will be a light and variable wind becoming southwest 20 to 25 mph in the morning. Winds could gust as high as 35 mph. Tonight it’ll be mostly clear, with a low around 68. The wind will be southwest at 20 to 25 mph becoming light after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 35 mph.
Time now for the 5 things you need to know before you go today!
5) “The Lone Ranger” isn’t so lonely in Santa Fe…Johnny Depp, Armie Hammer and other stars are there…with hundreds of reporters from all around the world. The city and state are all staying mum on exactly what’s going on…but some lucky locals are winning tickets to for a sneak peak of “The Lone Ranger”…the rest of us can see it July 3rd.
4) Immigration is a hot topic in D.C. again today.The House Judiciary Committee is supposed to vote on an Immigration bill…giving state and local government new powers when it comes to people who are in the U.S. illegally…this is very different than the big plan in the Senate.
3) Businesses can get an update on the I-25 Paseo Project…at 10 this morning at the CNM Workforce Training Center that’s west of the interstate and north of Alameda. Construction on the big project is supposed to start this summer.
2) A warning for women around the Bosque. Be extra careful…because a woman says she was raped and robbed there this weekend. Albuquerque Police are now looking for a Hispanic young man…in his late teens…with a mustache and a white bike.
1) It was a windy night… but that could change for today. Today will be mostly sunny, with a high near 92 and an east wind 5 to 10 mph becoming southwest in the afternoon. Then tonight will be partly cloudy, with a low around 67 southwest wind 5 to 15 mph becoming east after midnight.
Time for the five things you need to know before you go today.
5) If you’ve ever wanted to be on Gordon Ramsey’s hit show…”Hotel Hell”…Now’s your chance. He’s filming at the Meson de Mesilla” in Las Cruces this week…trying to fix the place up. The hotel is taking reservations for rooms and meals.
4) Investigators in southern Colorado want you to keep a look out for Dylan Redwine if you go hiking this summer. He’s the teen who went missing back in November from his dad’s home in Vallecito.
3) Back to court this morning for Levi Chavez…the former Albuquerque Police Officer accused of killing his wife. Today we’re set to here more from Tera Chavez’s family.
2) Firefighters in the Gila will be back at work soon…trying to prevent the “Silver” fire from reaching any homes or buildings in Kingston. That fire’s growing and is just 5% contained. None of the “Jaroso” fire in the Pecos is contained.
1) Today will have isolated showers and thunderstorms after noon. Some of the storms could produce gusty winds. But it’ll be mostly sunny, with a high near 92 and a Northeast wind 5 to 10 mph becoming southwest in the afternoon. The chance of precipitation is 10%.
Then tonight will have isolated showers and thunderstorms before midnight. Some of the storms could produce gusty winds. Partly cloudy, with a low around 68. Southwest wind 5 to 15 mph becoming east after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 10%.
5. Don’t forget it’s Father’s Day this weekend! Send your dad a card, make or pick out a gift for the old man, and tell him you love him.
4. A new fire has popped up in New Mexico. The Whites Peak fire has now burned more than 800 acres and is mostly on private land in the Pecos.
3. Firefighters are still battling flames from the Silver Fire trying to prevent them from burning any homes or buildings in Kingston. The fires burned almost 19,000 acres and crews are working on containment bans.
2. It’s getting closer to being a fireworks free Fourth of July. Albuquerque passed a rule last night that prevents most of them from being sold in the city. It already banned shooting them off.
1. Today there is a chance for scattered showers and thunderstorms after noon. Some of the storms could produce gusty winds. It will be mostly sunny, with a high near 94. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
Tonight there is a 30% chance of precipitation and scattered showers and thunderstorms, mainly before midnight. Some of the storms could produce gusty winds. It will be mostly cloudy, with a low around 66.
5. Tonight is your chance to learn if you could get health insurance with Medicaid Expanding. Go to the African American Performing Arts Center on San Pedro in Northeast Albuquerque starting at 5:30pm.
4. The fireworks will probably be flying in Levi Chavez’s first degree murder trial again today. The defense is set to once again go after the Valencia County Sheriff’s Deputy who first investigated Tera Chavez’s death. We’ll be there and let you know what happens.
3. Your Federal Student Loan Bills could be on the way up if congress doesn’t do something by the end of this month. That’s when the rates are set to double.
2. All eyes are on the “Silver Fire” again today. We hear it’s reached Kingston but has not burned any homes there. The fires already burned 17,000 acres and none of it is contained.
1. It’s going to be another hot day. It will be sunny and hot, with a high near 99. Tonight there is a 10% chance of showers and thunderstorms. Some of the storms could produce gusty winds. It will be partly cloudy, with a low around 67.