March 7th, 2014 at 6:36 pm by manettenewbold under News
Stop signs will be re-installed at Ventana Road and Universe Boulevard, after they were removed in February.
City Councilor Dan Lewis made the announcement Friday after working with Director of Municipal Development Michael Riordan.
Lewis said the stop signs will be in place until a new traffic signal is installed at Irving and Universe.
The stop signs will return by the end of the month, according to Lewis, and the signal will be installed within the next 12 to 18 months.
March 4th, 2014 at 4:56 pm by manettenewbold under News
The botanic garden in Albuquerque is getting some help from Macy’s.
It’s part of the department store’s Love Your Park program.
Starting March 7-31, Macy’s at Coronado Center will match customers’ donations dollar-for-dollar up to $250,000. Donations will be accepted at registers.
February 26th, 2014 at 3:51 pm by manettenewbold under News
- Wednesday 2/26 and Thursday 2/27 from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. – I-25 northbound at San Mateo will have the right lane closed.
- Wednesday 2/26 and Thursday 2/27 from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. – I-25 northbound from San Antonio to Paseo Del Norte will have the 2 right lanes closed.
- Thursday 2/27 from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. – The I-25 southbound frontage road from Paseo Del Norte to Journal Center will be closed. The onramp to I-25 southbound will also be closed during this time. Seek Alternate route.
- Friday 2/28 and Monday 3/3 from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. – I-25 northbound from San Antonio to Paseo Del Norte will have the 2 left lanes closed.
- Ongoing and until further notice – The I-25 southbound Frontage Road from Paseo Del Norte to San Antonio will be one lane only.
- Ongoing and until further notice (Kiewit) – The I-25 northbound frontage road from San Mateo/Osuna to just past Forest Hills will be reduced to one lane only. All lanes are restored just after Forest Hills.
- Ongoing as needed from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. each evening (Kiewit) – Paseo Del Norte both directions through the project will have various lane closures.
- Ongoing and until further notice (Kiewit) – The I-25 northbound frontage road before Paseo Del Norte will be reduced to one lane. Frontage road traffic must merge with I-25 northbound off ramp traffic.
- Ongoing and until further notice (Kiewit) – Paseo Del Norte eastbound from I-25 to the Lowe’s/Target turn bay will have the right lane closed for triple right turn lane construction.
- Ongoing and until further notice (Kiewit) – Paseo Del Norte westbound from just before I-25 to the railroad tracks will be reduced to 2 lanes.
- Ongoing and until further notice (Kiewit) – Jefferson just north of Paseo Del Norte will be reduced to one lane in each direction.
Project A301220 / I-25 US 550 Interchange Improvement (Emiliano Martinez Project Manager/FNF Contractor) 240 calendar day project
- Ongoing as needed– U.S. 550 both directions from NM 313 to I-25 (Bernalillo) will have various lane closures during road construction.
- Ongoing and until further notice – U.S. 550 through the project will have 22 foot width and 15’6” height restrictions.
Project A301510 / NM 45 /Coors Roadway Rehabilitation (Ed Mata / Project Manager/Albuquerque Asphalt Inc.) May 16th 2014 completion
- Ongoing through Friday 3/7 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. – NM 45 (Coors) northbound from Central to Bluewater will have the right lane closed.
Project A300693 / N_M 314 Bridge Replacement (Isleta) (Ed Mata / Project Manager/El Terrero Construction) $1.1M ( Spring 2014 completion)
Ongoing and until further notice- NM 314 at mile marker 14 will have activity on the shoulders during bridge project.
Project A301170 / NM 333 and NM 217 Intersection (Tijeras Canyon/East Mountains) Intersection Improvement Project (Jeremy Maestas/ Project Manager/Albuquerque Underground Inc.) $1.08 M (60 Calendar Day Project)
- Final paving and striping suspended until Spring 2014 –
PAVEMENT PRESERVATION PROJECTS
DISTRICT WIDE TRAFFIC IMPACTS
- Wednesday 2/26 from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. (J&H) – I-40 eastbound at 6th Street will have the 2 left lanes closed for overhead sign installation.
- Thursday 2/27 from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. (J&H) – I-40 eastbound at 6th Street will have the 2 right lanes closed for overhead sign installation.
- Ongoing through Friday 2/28 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. each weekday (TLC) – I-40 westbound at the Louisiana Interchange will have a left lane closure for Diversion Channel repair.
- Ongoing through Monday 3/10 from 7 a.m. to 7 a.m. each weekday (Broadway Construction) – NM 314 both directions at mile marker 2 (Los Chavez) will have various lane closures for roadway improvements.
- Ongoing through Monday 3/10 from 8:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. each weekday (NMDOT Geotech) – NM 45 northbound from Los Padillas to Malpais will be reduced to one lane for water line installation.
- Ongoing through Friday 3/14 from 7 a.m. to 2 p.m. southbound and from 8:30 a.m. to 5 a.m. northbound each weekday (Altor Construction) – NM 47 both directions at Appaloosa Drive will have various lane closures for roadway improvements.
All projects scheduled weather permitting and are subject to change without notice. For more information please contact, Phil Gallegos, NM Department of Transportation at 798-6645 or 220-4153, logon to www.nmroads.com. or dial 511.
February 24th, 2014 at 9:52 pm by manettenewbold under News
“Breaking Bad” fans can finally watch the last episodes on Netflix.
As of Monday, Netflix has all 62 episodes for viewers to stream online and watch.
Netflix viewers were waiting for those final eight key episodes.
At one time, the show’s creator, Vince Gilligan, stated the show lasted so long thanks to a new era in TV and that the series reaped the benefits of Netflix in building a strong cult-like following.
February 11th, 2014 at 9:00 pm by manettenewbold under News
If you’re thinking about surprising your sweetheart with something unique this Valentine’s Day, Orbit may be able to help.
The Isotopes are teaming up with Buffett’s Candies for Orbit’s Valentine Surprise.
He’ll be delivering gift packages Thursday and Friday.
The package includes a half-pound of chocolates, two tickets to an Isotopes game, a Valentine’s Day card, a chile pepper doll and a photo.
The packages cost $80.
For more information, click here.