April 18th, 2014 at 8:29 pm by krqechelorivera under Latest Posts
The prequel to Breaking Bad, Better Call Saul is expected to shoot in Albuquerque and the New Mexico extras and background Casting Company is now casting for the show’s extras.
If you would like to be considered for the part send in a current photo of yourself. Keep in mind the photo must be in color and must contain the following information:
Include your availability, your name, contact information, height, weight, age, the city you live in as well as the make, model, year and color of your vehicles.
Send the above information to email@example.com.
April 17th, 2014 at 3:36 pm by krqechelorivera under Latest Posts
After nine months of renovations following a fire in July 2013 that led to heavy smoke damage, the North Valley Library is scheduled to reopen Friday May 2nd, 2014.
The formal ceremony will take place at 2:30 p.m. and will be followed by family friendly activities all afternoon.
Once the library officially opens the hours of operation will be as follows:
The library is scheduled to be closed Sunday and Monday each week.
For more information on all of the library events and services, call 311 or visit abclibrary.org.
April 12th, 2014 at 6:06 pm by krqechelorivera under Latest Posts
Just days after the DOJ revealed their findings on the Albuquerque Police Department anti-APD protesters are back in Civic Plaza to voice their opinions. Visit KRQE.com for full details of the events.
April 8th, 2014 at 9:08 pm by krqechelorivera under Latest Posts
Some great news for Game of Thrones fans.
The HBO hit show has been renewed for two more seasons on heels of Sunday’s 4th-season premiere.
The show is based on the books by Santa Fe author George R.R. Martin.
When News 13 talked to Martin earlier this year, he said he’s still writing book six in the seven book series.
The network promises more dazzling storytelling in the fifth and sixth seasons.
April 7th, 2014 at 5:17 pm by krqechelorivera under Latest Posts, Live Events
The Albuquerque City Council meeting regarding the controversy surrounding APD is underway. @ChrisMcKeeTV is live tweeting from there.
- The crowd has thinned out but public comment continues. This meeting started at 5pm.pic.twitter.com/fxUaPqh2HC
- Councilor Diane Gibson: “We are listening” — urges crowd to calm down as lots of people are boo’ing, overpowering APD supporters speaking
- Another APD supporter speaking, Says there are “more honorable officers than not.”
- Elaine Duran speaking now about support for APD — “we strongly oppose any task force demands.” Garners loud boos from audience.
- Ellis: “We’ve got a unique opportunity here,” Ellis also acknowledges the DOJ findings will come down on Thursday
- Kenneth Ellis is now speaking, “we’re all in this together.” “It’s very disturbing to me its taken 4 years of me coming & speaking with you”
- Man now presenting his support for APD, “I’ve been pulled over by APD and I’m still alive.” Blames NM’s “weak criminal justice system”
- Speaker puts up image showing his dissatisfaction of Mayor Berry. “The buck stops at the mayor’s desk.”pic.twitter.com/ynge6aGjdB
- Same person who live streamed APD protest last weekend, Thomas Dixon also live streaming council meeting. pic.twitter.com/WxJ7yI3WeC
- At least one person in meeting continuously holding up “I support APD” sign. pic.twitter.com/C3z8EQwgS2
- Four public “presentations” have now finished. Councilors now questioning presenters, then official “public comment” will start.
- Now speaking: Ralph Arellanes, director of New Mexico LULAC now speaking, making several demands from police oversight task force.
- @KatherineKRQE will have a live report from council chambers in a couple minutes on @krqeat 5:30. More than 100 have signed up to comment
- Nicole Moreland speaking now, sister in law of Christopher Torres who was killed in APD shooting years ago. Slammed several city officials.
- Mayor RJ Berry is not here at tonight’s city council meeting, many in crowd boo’ed at the announcement.
- ABQ city council has begun. Full house w/ many expected to speak about James Boyd shooting & APD pic.twitter.com/vAs7ODi6Ql