Here are the five things you need to know before you leave this morning!
5) Police had their hands full in two swat situations in the first one the suspect surrendered after five hours and in the second—one suspect remains at large after the suspect took off in a car.
4) Belen High School will have extra security today because of a school shooting threat. Police say that a student wrote that threat on a mirror in a restroom recently but they think it was just a prank. The student has been suspended.
3) A New Mexico community gathers to remember one of 20-chlidren killed in Friday’s Sandy Hook school massacre. More than 100-people showed up to Cabezon Park in Rio Rancho last night for a candlelight vigil to honor Emilie Parker’s life. She was a kindergartener at Maggie Cordova Elementary before moving with her family to Newtown, Connecticut earlier this year. Her funeral is Saturday in Utah–her family’s home state.
2) Double check what gifts you’re giving your kids this holiday season because some have just been recalled. The Water Balz, Growing Skulls, H2O Orbs and Fabulous Flowers are all being recalled. The balls absorb water and get to be about 400-times their original size-bad news if kids swallow them.
1) It’s cold this morning! Today will be mostly sunny, with a high near 52-degrees with just a calm wind. Then tonight there’ll be a slight chance of rain showers. It’ll be mostly cloudy, with a low around 33-degrees and a light and variable wind after midnight. The chance of precipitation is 10-percent.