5 Things You Need to Know Before You GoSeptember 4th, 2014 at 6:00 am by Avicra Luckey under 5 Things, Morning Show
Time for the five things you need to know before you go this morning.
5. If you’re looking for a job, go check out the Marriott Pyramid North today from 2:00 p.m to 7 a.m. the skills to job talent fair will give you a skill assessment test. So you can see where you excell. There will be companies hiring, find out about them at KRQE.com.
4. The New Mexico Activities Association is launching an investigation after a fight broke out on the soccer field at the Albuquerque Metro Championship match between a La Cueva player and a Highland player. One student is accused of punching, then kicking another student during the heated match.
3. In an end run around the mayor, last night, the Albuquerque City council bundled three of the five items the mayor vetoed last week. That will put them together in one package for approval by voters during the November election. Those items govern special elections, GO bonds and council authority over hiring and firing police and fire chiefs. The mayor has until Friday to sign off on this and his office says he’ll do it. Although, he thinks it’s the mayor’s job, not the council’s to hire and police and fire chiefs. The council thinks otherwise.
2. We lost out. Reno, Nevada apparently is getting the multi billion dollar Tesla battery plant. That brings 6,500 direct jobs with it. We’re in an election year and the democrats pushing Gary King for governor are saying New Mexico lost out on Tesla because republican governor Susana Martinez’s watch.
1. Partly cloudy not as hot.