5 Things You Need To Know Before You GoAugust 27th, 2014 at 6:00 am by Avicra Luckey under 5 Things, Morning Show
5. Investigators are going to be listening closely to an audio tape capturing a white police officer shooting and killing an unarmed black teenager, Michael Brown, in Ferguson, Missouri. a man inadvertently recorded the gunfire and there’s a distinct pause between shots that could prove to be critical to the investigation. That’s if the case ever goes to trial.
4. APS, The city of Albuquerque, Bernalillo County and the Department of Transportation are brainstorming about what to do to keep traffic moving and make things safer around New Mexico’s largest high school. Atrisco Heritage Academy has 2,600 students and just one road going to it. The situation may get worse when a new elementary is completed nearby. We’ll keep you posted on what they decide.
3. A new report from Allstate insurance, tracking the best and worst drivers in the country, ranks Albuquerque 126 out of 200 cities for safe driving falling below Denver and Phoenix. it cost us more in insurance premiums. Albuquerque’s driving record has been getting worse over the past five years, Allstate doesn’t have a theory why.
2. The search is now on to find whoever shot and killed a 20-year-old man in southwest Albuquerque yesterday morning. Sheriff’s deputies say Kenneth Perez was found shot to death at Coors and Blake early yesterday. He lived nearby and his family says he left to go talk with someone about money. If you know anything about what happened, call Bernalillo County Sheriff’s Deputies.
1. Today you can expect more storms.