Five Things You Need to Know Before You Go.August 26th, 2014 at 6:00 am by Mary Ann Hatchitt under 5 Things, Latest Posts, Morning Show
5. Breaking Bad was a big winner at the Emmys bringing home five awards. It won for Best Drama. Bryan Cranston won for Best Actor in a Drama. Aaron Paul won Best Supporting Actor, and Anna Gun wont for best Supporting Actress. The show also took home an Emmy for writing. Stories surfaced quickly about a sixth season of Breaking Bad, but don’t believe it, it’s a hoax.
4. The United States is now sending manned and unmanned planes to do surveillance over Syria according to the Associated Press, this morning. Reports say President Obama is looking at what to do next with ISIS, the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria.
3. Albuquerque Police and The Cottages Apartments are trying to figure out a way to stop problems that have plagued the complex over the past couple of weeks. Nearly 700 University of New Mexico students live at the private apartment complex. It’s only been open for two weekends, and so far police have been there for both of them, once for a huge party, the second time, last weekend for a shooting.
2. This morning officials from the City of Albuquerque, the State Department of Transportation, Bernaillo County and Albuquerque Public Schools are meeting to figure out a solution to the big traffic problem at a southwest Albuquerque neighborhood. Atrisco Heritage Academy High School is the state’s largest high school with more than 2600 students. Just this year, a new elementary school with 1800 students opened nearby, creating a lot more traffic in the already congested area.
1. There’s a 60 percent chance of precipitation in the Metro area this afternoon and evening. Today showers and thunderstorms are likely with mostly cloudy skies and a high near 85. Tonight, it’ll be cloudy with a low around 58 and a southwest wind 15 to 20 mph becoming south 5 to 10 mph in the evening.