5 Things You Need to Know Before You GoAugust 22nd, 2014 at 6:00 am by Avicra Luckey under 5 Things, Morning Show
Time for the five things you need to know before you go this morning.
5. There’s lots of free fun for you in and around Albuquerque this weekend. The last Summerfest is Saturday night on Ellison, between Cottonwood and Alameda. Plus Bernalillo County is having its last weekend of Movies in the Park with Smurfs 2 tonight at the Los Vecinos Community Center. There’s also a nature event tomorrow at the Guitierrez Hubble House.
4. The U.S. is still pounding ISIS with airstrikes in Iraq, but a new report from the Pentagon says if the U.S. really wants to destroy the terrorists group; it’ll have to attack it in Syria. The White House hasn’t said if that’ll happen.
3. An important meeting is happening today that could affect if your kids go on field trips this year. The state nursing board is set to talk about a new rule that says only nurses and health assistants can give kids prescription and over-the-counter medicine. That means if nurses don’t go on field trips, kids won’t be able to either. We’ll keep you posted.
2. Anytime today we could find out who’ll be the interim APS superintendent. The board has four finalists and is interviewing most of them today. They’re set to vote on one to replace Winston Brooks who resigned a week ago today. Find out about the candidates at KRQE.com.
1. Expect possible showers in the afternoon.