5 Things You Need to Know Before You GoAugust 20th, 2014 at 6:00 am by Mary Ann Hatchitt under 5 Things, Morning Show
5 Things You Need to Know Before You Go
5. U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder is on his way to Ferguson, Missouri today. The visit comes after another night of violent protests over the police shooting death of an unarmed 18-year-old black teen. An Albuquerque photographer, Leo York, was one of the journalists who was tear-gassed in Ferguson during the last 10 days of protests.
4. There’s a recall this morning of peanut butter and almond butter. The brands impacted include private label butter at Trader Joe’s, Whole Foods as well as Maranatha, and Arrowhead Mills brands. For a list of everything to avoid check here on KRQE.com, links.
3. We expect to learn more this morning about the school bus driver shortage facing the AlbuquerquePublicSchool district. The new acting superintendent of APS is holding a news conference at 8:30 a.m. In one case, a parent says the district and Herrera Buses lost her 7-year-old for 45 minutes last Thursday. Two sisters claim a bus driver at Beal Bus company told them they either had sit on the floor or wait for the next bus.
2. Later today, UNM Athletic Director Paul Krebs will address the media to talk about the hazing investigation into the UNM Women’s Soccer Team. The team’s first game has been canceled, and two freshman players are leaving UNM entirely. The departures are being blamed on hazing on the women’s soccer team.
1. There’s a better chance for rain and thunderstorms today. It’ll be partly sunny with a high near 89 today, and a low of 61 this evening, with a northwest wind of 5 to 10 mph and a 10 percent chance of precipitation.