5 Things You Need to Know Before You GoAugust 18th, 2014 at 6:00 am by Mary Ann Hatchitt under 5 Things, Morning Show
5. It’s 50 cent hot dog night at Isotopes Park tonight. The ‘topes take on Nashville at 6:35pm. The Isotopes have just six home games left this season.
4. Missouri’s governor is calling out the National Guard to help get people in Ferguson under control after another night of violent rioting. Violence has been ongoing for more than a week now after an officer shot and killed an unarmed black teenager last weekend. Police say people were shooting guns and throwing Molotov cocktails.
3. Albuquerque City Council has a full agenda tonight which includes a number of important issues. They include a measure to reduce penalties for pot possession on the ballot, and increase sales tax in Albuquerque by an eighth of a percent, also, the council will vote tonight on dualing proposals to revamp the Police Oversight Commission.
2. A possible case of the Ebola virus has UNM Hospital taking extra precautions this morning while doctors await the results of tests on a 30 year old woman. She recently returned from Africa, and checked herself into the hospital after experiencing Ebola-like symptoms. The woman is currently in an isolation unit. Stay tuned to KRQE on air and online for the latest developments.
1. New Mexico will be drying out today with a high near 97, it’ll be sunny and hot. There’s a 10 percent chance of isolated showers and thunderstorms afternoon and this evening.