5 Things You Need to Know Before You GoAugust 15th, 2014 at 4:18 pm by Mary Ann Hatchitt under Latest Posts
5. Rio Rancho is hosting its final Movies Under the Stars this summer tonight at Cabezon Park. The feature is “The Nut Job.” It starts at dusk which falls around 8:30pm. It’s free. You can bring blankets, folding chairs and a picnic basket, but leave the alcohol and cigarettes at home.
4. Another night of protests in Ferguson, Missouri, after an unarmed black teenager was shot and killed by a police officer last weekend. Even President Obama is talking about this, calling for people to clam down. Protests against the killing are also taking place in other cities, including one in downtown Albuquerque last night which attracted about 100 people.
3. An overnight murder discovered Thursday morning in Albuquerque was so gruesome, it has left police officers shaken. All investigators are saying right now is that a woman was found dead in a vacant lot near Zuni and Wyoming. Police are looking for a man who was seen in the area.
2. Today we could find out what the Albuquerque Public School board plans to do with Superintendent Winston Brooks. The APS Board is having another closed door meeting about Brooks, starting at 7:30 this morning. All the agenda says is the meeting is about Brooks’ performance, actions and contract. Stay tuned to KRQE New 13 on air and online for updates.
1. It’ll be mostly dry today with a high near 93, a slight east wind in the afternoon with a 10 percent chance of precipitation this morning and this evening. Tonight it wilbe partly cloudy with a low around. 61. There’s a 10 percent chance of precipitation both Saturday and Sunday.