Five Things You Need to Know Before You GoAugust 14th, 2014 at 6:00 am by Avicra Luckey under 5 Things, Morning Show
Time for the five things you need to know before you go this morning.
5. It eclipses both the construction and manufacturing industries in New Mexico as far as revenue. A new report shows New Mexico’s art and culture communities contribute more than a billion dollar to the state’s economy annually. The state Cultural Affairs Department commissioned the UNM study. Now the state, the city of Albuquerque and growth stimulators plan to collaborate better on how to better capitalize on New Mexico’s many assets to improve our economy and employment.
4. The most popular story on our website is still about the so called grim reaper at the old cemetery near Gibson and I-25. The church pastor in charge of it says he’s stumped and has no clue who or what it is and isn’t jumping to conclusions.
3. Two lobo football players who were suspended from the team after being charged with raping another student are now officially in the clear. The district attorney says there’s not enough evidence to press charges against lobo players SaQwan Edwards and Crusoe Gongbay. Ryan Ruff has also been exonerated. Now Gongbay and Edwards have to earn their starting spots back.
2. Take a look at this, amazing video of two Albuquerque Police officers and a firefighter rescuing a 16-year-old girl after she fell into an arroyo full of rushing water near Winrock Mall. She was just one of a couple people who had to be rescued.
1. More storms are on the way for today.