Five Things You Need to Know Before You GoAugust 13th, 2014 at 6:00 am by Mary Ann Hatchitt under 5 Things, Latest Posts, Morning Show
Five Things You Need to Know Before You Go
5. First it was grasshoppers, now it’s worms! Bagworms and caterpillars are invading trees and leaves and building cocoons in the Metro area. Experts say they’re not bad for trees, and pesticides usually don’t work on them.
4. Have you seen the pictures of the Grim Reaper at at an Albuquerque cemetery floating around Facebook? People saw a person in a cloak at the San Jose Cemetery near Gibson and I-25 Sunday night. They have no idea who it was.
3. We’re learning more about Marcos Delgado, the man wanted for killing his ex-girlfriend Friday who shot and killed himself early yesterday. Undercover officers got a tip Delgado was in the area of 12th and Candelaria in Northwest Albuquerque when they started following him. They say that’s when Delgado started shooting, ran away, and later killed himself.
2. Like it or not, it’s back to school time for students in the Albuquerque Public School district. Be on the lookout this morning for kids at bus stops, walking, or on their bikes. Also, don’t forget about stopping for school buses and slowing down in school zones.
1. A 30 percent chance of precipitation today with scattered showers and thunderstorm that could produce heavy rain mainly after noon. It’ll be partly sunny, with a high near 90 with a light and variable wind becoming south 10 to 15 mph in the morning. Tonight the chance of precipitation increases to 50 percent with scattered showers and thunderstorms, mostly cloudy, with a low around 61 and a south wind 5 to 15 mph.