Five Things You Need to Know Before You GoAugust 12th, 2014 at 6:00 am by Mary Ann Hatchitt under 5 Things, Morning Show
Five Things You Need to Know Before You Go
5. Marcos Delgado, the suspect accused of shooting four people Friday in northeast Albuquerque, is dead. Police say he shot at them overnight, then died from a self-inflicted gunshot wound. Police have established a scene at 12th Street and Griegos in northwest Albuquerque, and are expected to be there throughout the morning. Police say they were conducting an investigation in the area early this morning when Delgado started shooting at them.
4. Albuquerque Public School Superintendent Winston Brooks’ future is still in limbo. The APS Board met for five hours last night in a closed-door session to discuss a “serious personnel issue” and its recent investigation into Brooks.
3. The massive Ebola virus outbreak in Africa has now killed more than a thousand people according to the World Health Organization. A Spanish missionary who’d been working in Africa has died of the virus in Madrid. There’s no known cure for Ebola.
2. Fans, friends, and family are mourning the death of actor and comedian Robin Williams. Investigators say the 63 year old Academy Award winner, committed suicide. He was found dead in his home near San Francisco yesterday. Williams had been battling severe depression. He was 63 years old.
1. Isolated showers and thunderstorms before 7am, then isolated showers and thunderstorms after 1pm. Mostly sunny, with a high near 91. East wind around 5 mph becoming south in the morning. Chance of precipitation is 10%.Tonight Isolated showers and thunderstorms before 1am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 60. South wind 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.