5 Things You Need to Know Before You GoAugust 8th, 2014 at 6:00 am by Avicra Luckey under 5 Things, Morning Show
Time for the five things you need to know before you go this morning.
5. Otters could be on their way to the ABQ BioPark Zoo. BernalilloCounty is talking about pitching in $2 million for a River Otter exhibit similar to the one in Oregon.
4. Be thankful you’re not on vacation in Hawaii right now. Hurricane Iselle is now a tropical storm, but is still pounding the islands. Julio, with 115 mile per hour winds is set to hit Hawaii this weekend.
3. The Ebola outbreak is now an international public health emergency. That’s what the world health organization is saying this morning and the U.S. is changing some rules so an experimental medication can be used to treat Ebola.
2. Later today we should learn more about a shooting involving a SandovalCounty sheriff’s deputy. It happened late last night in Algodones. Neighbors called 911 saying they heard gunshots, then they say police told someone to put a gun down. That’s when they heard more shots. The person who was shot was rushed to the hospital.
1. The storms are on their way back.