5 Things You Need to Know Before You GoJuly 28th, 2014 at 6:00 am by Mary Ann Hatchitt under 5 Things, Latest Posts, Morning Show
5 Things You Need to Know Before You Go
5. A baseball brawl caught on video is being played by news outlets all over the country. It happened Saturday night in Reno during a game between the Albuquerque Isotopes and Reno Aces. It started when Isotopes infielder Erisbel Arruebarrena shoved the Aces catcher and then threw his helmet at him. It escalated from words being exchanged to punches.
4. A group called “Practical Policies New Mexico” has gathered more than 11,000 signatures to put reduced penalties for marijuana possession on the November ballot. The Albuquerque City Clerks has 10 days to verify those signatures. The proposals is to make the maximum penalty for posession an ounce of pot a fine , rather than jail time.
3. A major milestone today when the brand new Jefferson overpass over Paseo Del Norte opens to eastbound traffic at the I-25 interchange reconstruction project. Today’s opening in the $93 million project means Eastbound traffic can now flow smoothly for the first time since October.
2. There are a couple of scams to be aware of going on in New Mexico right now. In one case, somebody calls, passing themselves off as a US Marshal. They try to scam you out of money by saying you need to pay a fine for a family member. The US Marshal Service says it never asks for money on the phone. In the other case, the crooks call saying they’re from Bernalilllo County and that there’s a warrant out for your arrest because you missed jury duty. The Court says you’ll get a letter, not a phone call if you miss jury duty.
1. Expect isolated showers and thunderstorms after noon, it’ll be partly sunny, with a high near 91. A northeast wind around 5 mph becoming south in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 10%. Tonight Scattered showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 64. Southeast wind around 5 mph becoming northwest after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 30%.