5 Things You Need to Know Before You GoJuly 24th, 2014 at 6:00 am by Mary Ann Hatchitt under 5 Things, Latest Posts, Morning Show
5. Avoid the Paseo del Norte and I-25 reconstruction project from now through the weekend if at all possible. Starting tonight at 10pm, Paseo del Norte will be closed for long periods of time, and that will go on sporadically all weekend on various streets in and around the interchange.
For detailed information about the closures, check out the full story here on KRQE.com. Lots of progress is being made on the job, in fact, the Jefferson overpass should open this weekend.
4. Some customers noticed a blinking red light in a Walmart dressing room. A woman posted video of the light inside the Walmart on Academy and Wyoming in Albuquerque on YouTube. It turns out, it’s not a camera, but rather, a motion sensor for the lights. Walmart says its now putting signs up so people know what the light is.
3. We now know the names of the two homeless Navajo men beaten to death in Albuquerque last weekend. They are Allison Gorman and Kee Thompson. In response to those beatings, some New Mexico lawmakers want to reclassify crimes against the homeless as a hate crime.
2. The cleanup is on this morning in Algodones, where at least three homes flooded with water and mud after the area got socked with rain yesterday. There are about 20 other homes surrounded by water. The flooding occurred after an irrigation ditch clogged with debris after the heavy rain, overflowed. The Middle Rio Grande Conservancy District says it’ll take about a week to clear it all out. D.
1. Today it’ll be mostly sunny, with a high near 96. Light south wind increasing to 5 to 10 mph in the afternoon. Tonight expect partly cloudy skies, with a low around 63 and a southwest wind 5 to 10 mph becoming east after midnight.