5 Things You Need to Know Before You GoJuly 23rd, 2014 at 6:00 am by Avicra Luckey under 5 Things, Morning Show
Time for the five things you need to know before you go this morning.
5. It’s a national day of mourning for the Netherlands. That’s where the Malaysian Airline plane took off from before it was blown out of the sky above Ukraine last week. The U.S. admits it has no evidence Russia was directly involved, but blames it for creating the situation that brought the plane down.
4. Back here in Albuquerque a warning, if people come to your door saying they’re with Crimestoppers and wanting to come inside, don’t let them. Crimestoppers says it never goes door to door and people may be trying to scope out your house.
3. Should Albuquerque have a curfew for teenagers? A lot of people are asking that question this morning after three teens are accused of killing two homeless men last weekend. Albuquerque had a teen curfew years ago, but the state supreme court said it violated state law. Mayor R.J. Berry says he doesn’t have an opinion on it right now, but wants to talk with other cities that already have the curfew.
2. Today we’re hoping to learn more about the latest deadly Albuquerque police shooting. Officers shot and killed Jeremy Robertson yesterday afternoon, near Central and Eubank after they say he had a gun and ran from them. They have not said if Robertson pointed the gun at police, but they do say he’s the guy who rammed their cars when they tried to arrest him back in January.
1. It’s going to be another hot one today.