Five Things You Need To Know Before You GoJuly 21st, 2014 at 6:00 am by Mary Ann Hatchitt under 5 Things, Latest Posts, Morning Show
5. Happy birthday to Andrew Martines of Albuquerque, who had the rare life-experience of having his wish come true. The 10 year old, who has Muscular Dystrophy, got to be sworn in on Friday and help APD catch a “bad guy” in a pretend bank robbery Sunday.
4. The Albuquerque homeless shelter, Joy Junction, which provides 16,000 meals a month to needy families, is running out of food. The 28 year old shelter is hoping people can help out by donating food to feed the hungry. If you want to help out, we have a link here on our website at KRQE.com.
3. International outrage continues to grow after more than 250 bodies are removed from the wreckage of Malaysian Flight 17 which was shot down last week. There is also concern that pro-Russian fighters guarding the area where the plane crashed have been tampering with the evidence. Russian President Vladimir Putin says he supports a cooperative investigation, but it looks like the crash site may already be compromised.
2. Three teenagers, charged with beating three homeless men, killing two of them, could be in court as soon as today. Albuquerque police arrested 18 year old Alex Rios, 16 year old Nathaniel Carrillo and 15 year old Gilbert Tafoya this weekend. The three claim to have been attacking homeless people in the Metro area throughout the last year. The district attorney will decide if they will be charged as adults.
1. It’ll be hot with the possibility of spot showers and thunderstorms after noon, with a high near 98. A North wind around 5 mph becomes northwest in the afternoon with a 10 percent chance of precipitation. Tonight a 20 percent chance of isolated showers and thunderstorms before midnight, with a low around 67.