5 Things You Need to Know Before You GoJuly 18th, 2014 at 6:00 am by Avicra Luckey under 5 Things, Morning Show
Time for the five things you need to know before you go this morning.
5. So much for a cease-fire in Gaza. The fighting continues there this morning. In fact, Israel is now rolling tanks into Gaza to fight Hamas. This is on top of the rockets both sides are firing.
4. The big question this morning surrounds the jumbo jet from Malaysia Airlines that went down in Ukraine yesterday and killed all 295 people on it. Who shot it down? Just about everyone agrees it was an anti-aircraft missle that blew it out of the sky, but no one knows if it’s from Ukraine or the pro-Russian fighters.
3. Back here in New Mexico, we’re hoping to learn more soon about the medical helicopter that crashed yesterday in the eastern part of the state and killed three people. The Tristate Careflight took off from Christus Saint Vincent. Wednesday night and crashed east of Santa Rosa. The pilot, paramedic and flight nurse were all killed.
2. Time to lighten things up with Summerfest in Albuquerque. Tomorrow you and the family can head out to central in Nob Hill for music, food and fun. It goes from 2:00 p.m. to 10:30 p.m.
1. We should be dry for Summerfest this weekend.