5 Things You Need to Know Before You GoJuly 14th, 2014 at 6:00 am by Mary Ann Hatchitt under 5 Things, Latest Posts, Morning Show
5. Do you have what it takes to be the next American Idol? Auditions for the Fox hit show are being held from 9am to 5pm Tuesday in Old Town Plaza. Check out KRQE.com links for all the information you need to audition.
4. Amtrak’s future in New Mexico could be in jeopardy. The Chief Executive Officer of the railroad was in New Mexico to talk about the possibility of rerouting the train because of deteriorating tracks. Now Albuquerque Mayor R.J. Berry is prodding officials in other cities serviced by Amtrak to pitch in an pay their share to keep the train on track in the southwest.
3. Los Lunas Police are looking for two women and two men in an tan SUV in connection with a deadly shooting that began as a argument at a convenience store. Police discovered the body of Charles Davlin dead in an area off of Los Lentes Road, the search continues for his killer.
2. Helping Albuquerque pull out of the recession is the whole point of a summit set for this week. The good news is, so many people have signed up to help, the venue for the summit was changed from the Albuquerque Marriott Pyramid to the Convention Center to accommodate the 500 people who’ve signed up to participate.
1. There’s a 30% chance of scattered showers and thunderstorms this afternoon, it’ll be partly sunny with a high near 91. A calm wind becomes south around 5 mph in the afternoon. Tonight, there’s 40% chance of scattered showers and thunderstorms, some which could produce heavy rain. It’ll be mostly cloudy with a low around 65, and a southeast wind of 5 to 15 mph becoming east after midnight.