5 Things You Need to Know Before You GoJuly 10th, 2014 at 6:00 am by Avicra Luckey under 5 Things, Morning Show
Five Things You Need to Know Before You Go
5. If you’re looking for a little outdoor entertainment, head to the Albuquerque BioPark Zoo tonight and tomorrow night for two nights of Irish music. Makem and Spain Brothers perform tonight. The Young Dubliners perform tomorrow. Gates open at 6 p.m., the concerts start at 7:30 p.m. Admission is $10 for adults.
4. You can help Animal Humane New Mexico by getting your car washed at any of the six Octopus Car Washes in the Metro area. The Paws-A-Thon fundraiser offers $1, $5, $10 “paws” you can purchase while having your car washed. Purchased paws will hang at the car wash and 100% of the proceeds support Animal Humane NM.
3. It’s a talker for all the wrong reasons. A couple remains jailed this morning, after police say they left their 5-year-old daughter in a hot car intentionally as a punishment for not eating her food. A reminder during these hot summer days, neither people nor pets should be left in a hot car, it can kill them.
2. President Obama continues to try to garner support for the nearly $4 billion he’s proposing to handle the influx of people fleeing Central America. Many are being housed at the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center in Artesia. Officials there say careful screening is being done to ensure the immigrants are not carrying any diseases into the U.S.
1. Expect more rain today, with isolated showers and thunderstorms after 1pm. It’ll be mostly sunny with a high near 94 and a 20% chance of humidity. Tonight, that chance of rain rises to 30%, mainly after 7 p.m. It’ll be mostly cloudy with a low around 65, and a southwest 5 to 10 mph wind.