5 Things You Need to Know Before You Go.July 9th, 2014 at 6:00 am by Mary Ann Hatchitt under 5 Things, Latest Posts, Morning Show
5. You can help Albuquerque win $100,000 to help low income families find jobs and start businesses. The Duke City is competing against five other cities for the money. It’s all about online votes. You can cast your vote for Albuquerque here on KRQE.com.
4. Great news for bicyclists in Albuquerque. The City has a new plan to double the number of bike lanes from about 500 miles to a thousand in the next five to 10 years. More information on this story is available here on KRQ.com.
3. The mother from Placitas accused of kidnapping her own children back in 1995 remains jailed this morning, even though a judge says Ellen Clark can go to a halfway house. Prosecutors are fighting that decision, saying Clark will run again. She was found in London years ago, and extradicted back to the US only recently .
2. In the ongoing immigration crisis, President Obama will be in Dallas today meeting with Texas leaders to talk about the $4 billion he’s requested from Congress to cope with the influx of women and children from Central America. Some of the money could come to the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center in Artesia, where somne of the woman and children are being held.
1. More storms on the way today. There’s a 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms after noon. Partly sunny, with a high near 93 and a northeast wind around 5 mph becoming southwest in the afternoon. Tonight there’s 40 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 65. South wind around 5 mph becoming calm after midnight.