Harley-Davidson wants your feedback on electric bike

July 5th, 2014 at 4:35 pm by under Latest Posts

Sunday you’ll be able to feast your eyes on the new Harley-Davidson motorcycle.

Harley-Davidson will be in Albuquerque to show off the company’s new project, Livewire, it’s the company’s first-ever electric bike.

But it’s just a prototype.

The company says the tour is to get customer feedback about the final design before it goes up for sale.

The bike will be at the Thunderbird Harley-Davidson on Alameda from 2:00 p.m. until 5:00 p.m.

7 Responses to “Harley-Davidson wants your feedback on electric bike”

1. Ryan says:

Sweet bike don’t own a harley but would definitely buy one of those

2. Roland Frey says:

I will buy one and for god sake take the technology from Tesla

3. Ted cranhham says:

I am greatly looking forward to this I will buy one for sure

4. Tammy Coulter says:

Hi, a little about my history with bikes to help aid my opinions on the E-Bike.
    My Father founded & was the president of the Canadian SideCar Owners Club. He is 93 years old and still wishes he owned a Harley Davidson.
    My brother owns one, & if I could afford to, I would get licensed and also own one.
    We were raised to learn learn of trials bikes, all off road riding. Tons of fun!
    Disabled now, & 53 yrs old I find myself to still be a Harley wanna B Ryder:) Nothing wrong with that:)))
    But finances, coupled with no affordable Harley E-Bike available on the market yet.Tomorrow I buy my first Bike. A Textstar…60 volts only.
    But it’s all that’s available if you want a lil more style that’s aforable ( Hate that it’s all made from China parts!)
    Being in this moment I find myself in, I believe I can safely speak for many friends/relatives, that if Harley had an affordable E-Bike ready right now? Then that’s what we would all be buying :-)
    I’m not talking about 0 to 100mph in less than a few seconds. (I personally love the idea:)
    The motorcycle shows I used to attend with my Dad… I always noticed a breed of people missing from the wandering enthusiasts. Lol… (Part of that breed, is me;) Go all the way Harley Davidson…..For every type of person out there. Give us a variety of street styles to choose from & I think you’ll be happily surprised… Kudos on thinking Green :-)

5. tshmeaigo says:

Harley Davidson Electric, As an owner of numerous bikes,Id like too say that this is a responcible/smart move for any manufacturer.

6. tshmeaigo says:

You bet,Harley, go with this. smart play all the way, do it.

7. Janke Botma says:

Finally, a quiet stink free motorcycle, I mean e-cycle!!!! I ride a bicycle powered by calories, and Harley Davidson use to make bicycles, then bicycles with gas power, so why not an e-cycle? I am disappointed this has not come long before now and that the technology doesn’t find a way to have a greater e-mile range. How about 300 to 500 a charge. How about solar and turbine technology added into the mix? For now I will ride my bicycle, when I get older and can’t pedal I will be looking for a quiet e-bicycle, and when I get really old maybe an e-motorcyle, but I bet that everyone would buy a Harley Davidson e cycle if they were reasonably priced.