Day Planner: Thursday, July 3rd, 2014July 3rd, 2014 at 6:00 am by Avicra Luckey under 5 Things, Morning Show
Time for the five things you need to know before you go this morning.
5. The big national news this morning, Arthur is now a hurricane. The storm is now forcing people to evacuate some of the islands off North Carolina’s coast. The storm could hit anywhere up the east coast, even into New England.
4. Back here in Albuquerque, if you’re going to the big concert and fireworks show at Balloon Fiesta Park tomorrow, start planning how to get there today. Park and Ride is your best bet because of the Paseo del Norte construction.
3. Today we could learn more about a deadly shooting involving a deputy U.S. Marshal yesterday. All we really know right now is it happened while marshals were serving a federal arrest warrant on a fugitive near 98th and Dennis Chavez.
2. The story everyone’s still talking about, a very emotional day in court in Roswell yesterday. A judged sentenced Mason Campbell to stay in the state’s custody until he’s 21. For shooting up his gym at Berrendo Middle School back in January. The two kids he hurt spoke yesterday and so did his family, see all of it at KRQE.com.
1. More storms could be on the way today.