Five Things You Need to Know Before You GoJuly 2nd, 2014 at 6:00 am by Mary Ann Hatchitt under 5 Things, Latest Posts, Morning Show
TIME FOR THE FIVE THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW BEFORE YOU GO THIS MORNING.
5. World Cup Fever spread throughout the U.S. yesterday. The game between the U.S. and Belgium was so good, it was tied at nothing and had to go into extra time. That’s when Belgium proved to be too much for the U.S. winning the match two to one.
4. New Mexico has two of the best burger joints in the whole country, according to TripAdvisor.com.
Sparky’s in Hatch came in third for its green chile cheesburger. Big D’s in Roswell ranked 7th for its Tomahawk burger.
3. Smoke from the growing Diego Fire in the Jemez Mountains will be visible for miles today causing hazy conditions and posing a threat to air quality. The Diego Fire has now burned nearly 3500 ares. Six-hundred firefighters are attacking it.
2. Another deadly pedestrian hit and run in Albuquerque last night, the third in three weeks. A man was struck by a van, which didn’t even slow down. Next he was hit by a Lexus, right in front of stunned witnesses. It happened on San Mateo between Comanche and Candelaria around 9:15pm Tuesday night. The victim died at the scene.
1. It’ll be mostly sunny with a high near 92 today, then expect scattered showers and thunderstorms after noon. A 10 to 15 mph east wind becomes south in the afternoon with a 30% chance of precipitation. Tonight, that increases to a 50% chance tonight, and some of the storms could produce heavy rain. Mostly cloudy tonight, with a low around 61 and an east wind 15 to 20 mph decreasing to 10 to 15 mph after midnight.