5 Things You Need to Know Before You GoJune 23rd, 2014 at 6:00 am by Mary Ann Hatchitt under 5 Things, Latest Posts, Morning Show
5 Things You Need to Know Before you Go
5. Did you watch Team USA in the World Cup Sunday? It was such a close one! Team USA was beating Portugal until last minute, when Portugal tied the game. Team USA takes on Germany Thursday.
4. It’s a big day in Iraq, where US Secretary of State John Kerry is scheduled to meet with Sunni, Shiite, and Kurdish leaders to possibly talk about a way for all of them to split the power and stop the violence. Almost 300 US Military members are there to train the Iraqi’s, and protect the embassy.
3. Albuquerque police are searching for a white pickup truck involved in a deadly hit and run overnight. Witnesses say about 10pm Sunday night, the truck hit a woman walking in the median near Carlisle and Indian School and never stopped. The woman was thrown 20 feet then hit by another vehicle. Police ask if you know anything about the white pickup possibly with front end damage to call 242-COPS. The victim’s name is being withheld until her family is notified.
2. Generating a lot of traffic on KRQE.com, the story of an undercover APD cop was participated in a protest against the department this weekend. The officer with the criminal intelligence division, blended right in with the crowd. APD says the undercover officers were at the protest to protect the community and people’s right to free speech.
1. Isolated showers and thunderstorms could come to the Metro area after noon, possibly with gusty winds. It’ll be mostly sunny with a high near 95 and a 10 percent chance of precipitation. Tonight, partly cloudy with a low around 61, a 10 percent chance of precipitation and 10 to 15 mph winds.