5 Things You Need to Know Before You GoJune 20th, 2014 at 6:00 am by Avicra Luckey under 5 Things, Morning Show
Time for the five things you need to know before you go this morning.
5. How about some free movies in the park this weekend? Take the family and go check out the Disney hit Frozen at Wilson Park tonight and A League of Their Own tomorrow night at SouthValleyGatewayPark. The flicks start about 8:20 p.m. Take blankets, lawn chairs and food, but no alcohol.
4. The family of a bicycle rider hit and killed in the EastMountains is asking for your help this morning. To find whoever did it, Michael Wolff was hit in Tijeras earlier this month and died this week. Investigators think a big truck, possibly a septic tank truck, hit Wolff, ran him over and kept going.
3. The Anasazi building in downtown Albuquerque is finally open. We got a sneak peak of the shops and condos yesterday. This is the building that started construction back in 2007, had a lot of money troubles and was finished this year.
2. The latest with fire on the Navajo Nation north of Gallup. It’s now 20 percent contained a big jump from yesterday morning, but it’s now burned 21 square miles. The calm winds are helping firefighters make some good progress.
1. Today and it might be good to dress in shorts, it will be hotter today.