5 Things You Need to Know Before You GoJune 19th, 2014 at 6:00 am by Avicra Luckey under 5 Things, Morning Show
Time for the five things you need to know before you go this morning.
5. The national talker still today, the name of the Washington Redskins. The patent office is pulling the federal trademark from the team. Some say it’s a step toward getting the football team to change its name.
4. Put down your breakfast for just a second here, because you won’t believe what a woman in Albuquerque found in her bag of Lays potato chips; a mouse. Maria Sanchez says she and her son both ate a chip before they realized something wasn’t right. She says she’s getting a lawyer now.
3. The story everyone is looking at on KRQE.com. It’s what one former city bus driver did on the job that got caught on camera. Alex Gonzales is off the job after surveillance video caught him in a sex act with a passenger. ABQ ride says a tip led them to the video.
2. The wildfire on the Navajo nation is getting even bigger this morning. It’s burned more than 13,000 acres and is just five percent contained. Yesterday, firefighters were finally able to use helicopters and planes. They should be able to do that again today.
1. Thank goodness it won’t be as windy today.