5 Things You Need to Know Before You GoJune 13th, 2014 at 6:00 am by Avicra Luckey under 5 Things, Morning Show
Time for the five things you need to know before you go this morning.
5. This weekend is your chance to meet an astronaut who almost died in outers pace last year. Luca Parmitano’s helmet filled up with fluid on a space walk and other astronauts had to save his life. He’ll be at the New Mexico Museum of Natural History and Science tomorrow. Tickets are $8 for adults and $4 for kids.
4. Some of Ford’s fuel efficient hybrids, might be eating up more gas than advertised. The automaker said it overstated gas mileage on six vehicles because of an internal testing error. Ford is lowering its fuel economy estimates for 2013 and 2014 hybrids and plug-in hybrids, as well as most 2014 Fiestas. The automaker will compensate about 200,000 buyers with payments between around $100 and $1,000 dollars.
3. Not what you want to hear on this on Friday, gas prices could be on their way up…thanks to fighting in Iraq. Al-Qaida militants have taken over a lot of Iraq and are getting close to Baghdad. President Obama says the U.S may help with air strikes, but officials say American troops won’t go back on the ground there.
2. We’re learning more about the deadly police shooting in espanola from last weekend. State police now say Victor Villalpando called 911 on himself, saying there was a teen with his clothes with a gun. Police say he’d called 911 saying this before, but officers could never find him. Espanola police shot and killed Villalpando and state police say he raised a weapon at officers.
1. Today will be hot and breezy.