5 Things You Need to Know Before You GoJune 12th, 2014 at 6:00 am by Avicra Luckey under 5 Things, Morning Show
Time for the five things you need to know before you go this morning.
5. This could be a little good news for America’s veterans who are waiting to see a doctor or nurse in the VA system. Both the House and Senate have approved bills to pay for veterans to see doctors outside the VA system. Congress is confident the president will sign a compromise version.
4. The little boy who got mauled by three dogs yesterday in Roswell is recovering this morning. He was feeding his family’s horses, when three dogs escaped from a pet rescue and attacked him. His father, a detective, shot two of them. One was killed and one had to be put down, the other is with animal control.
3. We know for sure this morning, there is no more video of Albuquerque police shooting and killing James Boyd in the foothills in March. Remember, Chief Gordon Eden said there was key video of the shooting from Officer Keith Sandy the first one to shoot at Boyd. Then Eden back tracked, now he admits the video does not exist. The chief hasn’t said if Sandy had his camera on or not.
2. About 100 firefighters are now battling a wildfire south of Albuquerque. It’s south of New Mexico highways 60 and 47 in the Los Pinos Mountains. Firefighters say it hasn’t burned any homes or buildings just yet. We’ll keep you updated.
1. Today will not be as hot as yesterday.