Five Things You Need To Know Before You GoJune 10th, 2014 at 6:00 am by Mary Ann Hatchitt under 5 Things, Latest Posts, Morning Show
Five things you need to know before you go.
5. Job seekers, there’s an open house at Fidelity Investments in Mesa del So this afternoon from 3 to 6pm. They’re filling 150 customer service jobs, these are full time jobs with benefits paying about $16 per hour.
4. New Mexico Veterans were waiting for medical treatment longer than originally thought. A thousand veterans had to wait three months or more for their initial visit. The average wait is 46 days for primary care. Specialty care can take up to two months. The local VA is also accused of manipulating data about vet’s wait times.
3. Albuquerque police are searching for a faded black pickup truck with front end damage following a fatal hit and run yesterday. Witnesses say two men mowed down four pedestrians near 2nd Street and Iron about three a.m. Monday. Witnesses and police say it appears the victims were targeted.
2. APD has arrested a suspect in connection with a gruesome weekend murder at the Arioso Apartments on Montgomery near Pennsylvania. The victim, April Briceno suffered multiple stab wounds, a machete with blood on it was found at the scene. Police also found a wallet on the bed belonging to 32 year old Eric Coleman. After interviewing him, police arrested and charged Coleman with murder.
1. It’ll be sunny today with a high near 92. Calm wind becoming west around 5 mph in the afternoon.
Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 58. South wind around 5 mph becoming southeast after midnight.