5 Things You Need To Know Before You GoJune 9th, 2014 at 6:00 am by Mary Ann Hatchitt under Morning Show, Photos
5. Forewarned if forearmed if you’re heading through the I-25 Paseo Del Norte job this week, be prepared for delays. All this week from 9am until 3pm, the left lane will be closed on I-25 Northbound. Through Wednesday, eastbound Ellison has the right land closed at the Southbound Frontage Road.
4. State Police are investigating the latest deadly police shooting in New Mexico. Responding to a suspicious person call, two Española police encountered 16 year old Victor Vialpando who they say was armed and pointed a weapon at the officers. One officer shot Vialpando who died later at the hospital.
3. Check out the wrath Mother Nature unleashed on New Mexico over the weekend at KRQE.com where we have pictures of the hail, tornadoes, and funnel clouds that his over the weekend. At least seven confirmed tornadoes touched down over three days, coupled with strong winds and hail.
2. We should find out more today from the National Weather Service about what looked like a tornado that ripped through destroying some homes east of Carrizozo Sunday. The storm leveled two homes and damaged five more, the NWS has yet to confirm whether the damage was the result of a tornado.
1. It’ll be mostly sunny, with a high near 90, and a northeast wind 5 to 15 mph becoming northwest in the afternoon. Tonight it’ll be mostly clear, with a low around 51 and a north wind around 10 mph becoming northeast after midnight.