Free fishing day set for SaturdayJune 2nd, 2014 at 8:22 am by manettenewbold under Latest Posts
Saturday is free fishing day in New Mexico and those who want to cast a line can do so without a license.
According to a news release, Department Fisheries Chief Mike Sloane said, “We want to encourage New Mexicans to get out with their families and enjoy their wildlife resources, and celebrating National Free Fishing Day is a great way to do that.”
Free fishing clinics will take place throughout the state and will be conducted by the Department of Game and Fish. Young anglers will be taught by volunteers how to bait hooks, tie knots, catch fish and release them.
Clinic Locations and Times:
- Albuquerque: 9 a.m. to noon, Tingley Beach.
- Grants: 8 a.m. to noon, Grants Riverwalk Pond. Lunch will be provided for the youth attending the event.
- Pecos: 8 a.m. to noon, Cowles Ponds, Santa Fe National Forest
- Corona: 8 a.m. to noon, Corona Pond
- Ruidoso: 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., Grindstone Reservoir. Kayak rides, prizes and snacks will be available.
- Roswell: 7 to 11 a.m., Wal-Mart Supercenter, catfish portable pool.
- Las Cruces: 8 a.m. to noon, Alumni Pond, New Mexico State University.