5 Things You Need to Know Before You GoMay 28th, 2014 at 6:00 am by Avicra Luckey under 5 Things, Morning Show
Time for the five things you need to know before you go this morning.
5. Alameda at Loretta is now open after a crash involving a Bernalillo County Sheriff’s deputy. It happened over night at Alameda and Bosque Circle near Coors. We’re told the deputy was trying to catch up to a vehicle when he lost control and crashed. It looks like the deputy may have been hurt.
4. This morning Roswell police are looking for a shooter they say is armed and dangerous. The shooting happened overnight. It sent two people to the hospital. According to the Plains Valley Online News, it happened in the area of east Alameda near Beech street. Just blocks away, police were at the scene where a truck had crashed into the front yard of a home.
3. A shocking ad on Craigslist has New Mexico authorities investigating. It’s an ad offering two children. Now investigators are worried there really could be kids in danger. They got tipped off by someone in Las Cruces. The ad said the kids were in great condition and toilet trained. Now detectives are working to find who posted the ad.
2. A petition going around is trying to get voters to decide if the punishment for marijuana users should be reduced in albuquerque and Santa Fe. If voters pass the measure. People caught with less than one ounce of marijuana and paraphernalia in Albuquerque and Santa Fe would no longer face jail time and would only pay a $25 fine. The groups Progress Now New Mexico and Drug policy Action are behind the push to change the law.
1. It’s going to be another hot one.