5 Things You Need to Know Before You GoMay 27th, 2014 at 6:00 am by Mary Ann Hatchitt under 5 Things, Morning Show
Five Things You Need to Know Before You Go
5. People will be buzzing about Seattle, Washington’s “weed fairy” who emerged over the holiday weekend. A woman is leaving flyers and free samples of marijuana posted on trees and light poles. Her flyer say, “These are tough times, take the weed and keep your spirits high.”
4. With one week to go until New Mexico’s primary election, the GOP is bringing in
New Jersey Governor Chris Christie to campaign down south for Governor Susana Martinez’s re-election. Political pundits speculate a Christie/ Martinez pairing could make for a strong Republican ticket in the next presidential race.
3. Roswell got a record-breaking four inches of rain over the holiday which caused flooding and partially unearthed dozens of graves at a local cemetery. New Mexico’s lake levels are up over last year: two feet at Cochiti, 15 feet at Elephant Butte. Some parts of the New Mexico got an early taste of the monsoon over the holiday, while others, including Albuquerque are still experiencing drought.
2. Even though school is out, grief counseling is still being offered to students at Aldo Leopold Charter School in Silver City. Three good friends who had just finished their sophomore year, described by their teachers as “the best and the brightest” died in a plane crash Friday along with their pilot, an Albuquerque doctor. The NTSB is investigating.
1. It’ll be warm and sunny with a high near 91, and a light north wind increasing 5 to 10 mph in the morning. Tonight, it’ll be mostly clear with a low near 51 and a northwest wind 5 to 10mph becoming northeast after midnight.