5 Things You Need to Know Before You GoMay 26th, 2014 at 6:00 am by Mary Ann Hatchitt under 5 Things, Morning Show
Five Things You Need to Know Before You Go:
5. Students and faculty are mourning the loss of three students at Aldo Leopold High School in Silver City. The trio and the pilot of their plane died in a crash Friday. The NTSB is investigating.
4. We now have the audio from the latest deadly police shooting in Albuquerque last Tuesday night near 2nd street and I-40. In the recording you can hear Ralph Chavez ask officers to shoot him. Police say Chavez kept advancing on them with a knife until two officers eventually shot and killed him.
3. As part of the national scandal over delayed medical care for veterans, Albuquerque’s VA hospital now admits it, too, is being investigated possibly over long wait times for veterans to get appointments. The federal Veterans Administration is investigating, and Albuquerque’s VA Hospital is asking for an outside review as well.
2. This is Memorial Day when we pause a moment to remember the men and women who lost their lives fighting for the United States. There are events at Veterans Memorial Park in Albuquerque, the National Cemetery in Santa Fe, and Veterans Memorial Park in Santa Fe, as well as the Angel Fire Vietnam Veterans Memorial. For a full list, check out links here on KRQE.com. Remember most City, County, State and Federal offices are closed today.
1. After a stormy weekend, there’s also a chance for storms this Memorial Day. Expect isolated showers and thunderstorms. It’ll be mostly sunny with a high near 80 and a calm 5 mph wind in the afternoon with a 10 percent chance of participation. Tonight it’ll be partly cloudy with a low are 47.