5 Things You Need to Know Before You Go

May 23rd, 2014 at 6:20 am by under 5 Things, Morning Show

5. Carlsbad officials are warning people to be on the look out for strange acting skunks. Animal control’s gotten lots of calls about skunks exhibiting weird behavior. The fear is the critters have rabies.

4. New Mexico Fire crews are doing a good job combating the signal fire in the southwest corner of the state, near Silver City. Enough progress has been made to re-deploy some of those firefighters to the fire burning near Flagstaff and Sedona more than 300 people are being evacuated from homes outside Flagstaff. Memorial day travelers are re-thinking their plans to head to Red Rocks and Sedona this holiday weekend.

3 A horrible crash in the southeast corner of the state has killed six people. State police say it was blowing dust during the height of yesterday’s storm that caused the chain reaction crash on I-25 near Lordsburg.

3. Another officer involved shooting in Albuquerque overnight, the 36th since 2010, and the 26th to go fatal. Cops say a woman was being attacked when a good samaritan stepped in to help the suspect slashed his throat then took off. Cops finally caught up with him near Second and McKnight. They tried to deescalate the situation but they say the suspect continued to advance on officers. They shot and killed him. More information is expected later today.

1. Expect a mixed bag of weather over the memorial day weekend holiday. Scattered showers and thunderstorms, partly sunny, with a high near 81. Light and variable wind becoming south 10 to 15 mph in the morning. Chance of precipitation is 40%. Tonight Showers and thunderstorms likely, mainly after 7pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 54. Southeast wind 15 to 20 mph becoming east 10 to 15 mph after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 60%.

Leave a Reply