5 Things You Need to Know Before You GoMay 21st, 2014 at 6:00 am by Avicra Luckey under 5 Things, Latest Posts, Morning Show
Time for the five things you need to know before you go this morning.
5. People all around albuquerque and rio rancho are talking about this. By now you’ve definitely heard the phrase “YOLO” meaning, you only live once. Now French Mortuary funeral home in the Duke city has billboards up with a new spin on that saying. They’re using, YODO, you only die once. French Mortuary’s owners say it’s a less gloomy way to look at a serious issue.
4. The big national story has the Veterans Administration in the spotlight again. Today the U.S. House is set to vote to give VA Secretary Eric Shinseki more power to fire bad executives. This is all because of a controversy accusing VA hospitals, including the Raymond G. Murphy Medical Center here in Albuquerque, of making vets wait a long time to get an appointment. One hospital in Phoenix is being blamed for the deaths of 40 vets while they waited to see a doctor.
3. The search is now on for a missing hiker from Albuquerque. Kevin Boulton went hiking up in Taos last weekend, but never came home. He was last seen in a 2010 black Ford Ranger with a New Mexico license plate number: MBH 998.
2. All around the state they could lose 34 million dollars, 15 million of that from APS alone. The reason? A judge has ruled New Mexico broke a federal law by reducing money for special education students back in 2011. The same thing happened in 2012 and that could cost schools another 26 million.
1. Today will be warm and breezy.