5 Things You Need to Know Before You GoMay 20th, 2014 at 5:16 am by Mary Ann Hatchitt under 5 Things, Morning Show
5. You may want to do your exercising indoors today. Albuquerque is under an air quality alert until 2pm today because of wind blowing smoke from the Arizona
“Skunk Fire” into the city.
4. With three days left of the school year, Los Lunas High school is banning backpacks because of pranks. The school principal says there have been too many problems. Some parents say it’s too little, too late, and unfair to the kids who aren’t getting in trouble.
3. Albuquerque City Council wants to have approval over the choice of police chief in the future. Last night the Council passed a plan to do just that but it first must be approved by voters.
2. Pay raises are in the works for Albuquerque City workers. The City Council approved a budget last night which includes a five percent pay raise for police officers, and a three percent raise for all other city workers. The budget now goes to the Mayor for approval.
1. It’ll be warm and windy today with a high near 89 and a light variable wind becoming 10 to 15 mph in the morning. Tonight it’ll be mostly clear with a low around 50 and a 10 to 15 mph wind becoming light and variable after midnight.