5 Things You Need to Know Before You GoMay 9th, 2014 at 6:00 am by Rebecca Valdez under 5 Things, Morning Show
Time for the five things you need to know before you go this morning.
5. Get out, enjoy the beautiful weather and head to the Botanic Gardens for free. It’s NationalPublicGardens day, so from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. you can get in for free. Just print off a ticket from KRQE.com links on our website.
4. Americans are now on the ground in Nigeria and will help to find almost 300 girls who’ve been kidnapped and possibly sold into sex slavery. A number of other countries are helping too, after the terrorist group Boko Haram kidnapped them, saying girls shoudn’t be educated.
3. One of the top stories on our website is all about pot. It’s pot that’s legal in Colorado, but is making its way here illegally. It’s causing a lot of problems for cops in the Four Corners area. Check out all of Kim Holland’s on Special Assignment reports on KRQE.com.
2. Another person is dead. Shot and killed by police here in New Mexico. This happened in Las Vegas yesterday, where state police shot and killed Arcenio Lujan after they say he raised a rifle at them at them at the DaveJonesMobileHomePark. Lujan worked for the city of Las Vegas and police say he had some kind of altercation at work earlier in the day.
1. It’s a good and warm weekend to head outside and do something fun!