5 Things You Need to Know Before You GoMay 7th, 2014 at 6:00 am by Mary Ann Hatchitt under 5 Things, Morning Show
5. Generating a lot of hits on KRQE.com, the story of a Roswell woman who says two strangers pulled her into a home and raped her. The suspects, Cody Hairston and Rodolfo Ronquillo admit talking with her, but deny attacking her.
4. This could be a big day for New Mexico’s economy. Carmaker Tesla could announce whether it’s going to build its massive billion dollar battery plant in New Mexico. The car company is announcing its quarterly earnings report this afternoon, and in past years, big announcements have accompanied the report. Stay tuned to KRQE and KRQE.com for the latest developments.
3. The City of Albuquerque and its taxpayers could be on the hook for millions. Lawyers for the estate of James Boyd say they’re going to sue and they want this one to hurt. Boyd is the homeless man who was shot and killed by APD in the foothills in March. Attorney Joe Kennedy says the City has failed to properly hire and train officers, and APD mishandled the standoff with Boyd.
2. Thousands of people are checking out the chaos at Monday’s Albuquerque City Council meeting online at KRQE.com. They logging online to see the raw video and pictures of protesters taking over the council chambers. Now the City Council is considering adding security for a special meeting scheduled for Thursday night to talk about taking the power to hire a police chief away from the mayor.
1. Brace yourselves for more wind today. It’ll be mostly sunny with a high near 75 and a southwest wind 10 to 20 mph wind will increase to 20 to 30 mph with gust as high as 45 mph. Tonight, the low will be around 42 with partly cloudy skies and a west wind 20 to 30 mph decreasing to 20 to 20 after midnight, with gusts as high as 40 mph.