5 Things You Need to Know Before You GoMay 2nd, 2014 at 6:00 am by Avicra Luckey under 5 Things, Morning Show
Time for the five things you need to know before you go this morning.
5. If you want to stay out late in Santa Fe, you know it can be hard to find things to do and places that are open. People have been complaining about this for years. Now the city has some extra money to change that and wants your ideas. So head to the Rail Yards from 10 a.m. to noon today.
4. No school once again for kids at the 21st Century Public Academy in Albuquerque, because more than a 100 are sick. Officials say they suspect Norovirus. The school is going through a major cleaning and should be back open Monday.
3. A lot of people are wondering why it took District Attorney, Kari Brandenburg, almost four months to charge Steve Casaus with child abuse in the death of his stepson, Omaree Varela. She’s now speaking out, saying it took time to get the evidence. She also says Casaus was involved in some abuse and could’ve stopped even more.
2. This is getting a lot of buzz all around Albuquerque this morning, the two former APD officers who’re in a viral video kicking a man over and over back in 2011 are finally giving us their side of the story.Kim Holland talked with them on Special Assignment last night. Head to KRQE.com to hear what they have to say about it.
1. We’re finally warming up.