5 Things You Need to Know Before You GoMay 1st, 2014 at 6:00 am by Rebecca Valdez under 5 Things, Morning Show
Here are the 5 Things You Need to Know Before You Go this morning.
5. The big national news you’re going to be hearing about today, an explosion at a jail in Florida’s panhandle. So far, It’s killed at least two people and hurt 150 more. This was at the Escambia County jail in in Pensacola. Investigators haven’t said what caused the blast.
4. Here’s a talker, what’s the longest you’ve ever had to wait in the emergency room? Try 12 or even 16 hours. This is what our Larry Barker looked at with his latest investigation, head to KRQE.com to see what he found.
3. Lots of people are heading to KRQE.com to learn more about this story. The step dad of a nine-year-old boy who police say was kicked to death by his own mother last year, is now facing criminal charges. Steve Casaus is facing six series child abuse charges because police say he didn’t do anything to stop the abuse of Omaree Varela. Find out more at KRQE.com.
2. What was that haze in the air yesterday? That’s what everybody wants to know and if we’ll have it again today. It turns out, it was dust blowing here from the eastern part of the state and texas thank the wind and dry weather for that one.
1. Slight chance of rain today.